Then I ran into work quickly and picked up some resources that I wanted at home, and saw my friend, Natalie! Working on her day off. That's dedication, or just having too much to do.
I then went to the grocery store and to Target for the script. Finally found bean sprouts at Wegmans. Pad Thai for dinner!
Class was going along well and we got to work in groups for our book clubs. I am reading "The Book Whisperer" which was a BRILLIANT book. Makes me want to be back in the classroom to try these things out! But the frustration at working through the group process is difficult. I need to work on allowing myself to go with the flow and allow the group to make the decisions.
Do I feel that this is a group project? Not really. But that is ok, and sometimes learning is not about me and my learning, but the learning of others and the learning that I need to do to deal with these types of situations.
I made pad thai for dinner and it was delish. I am starting to really enjoy cooking and making food as long as I have time to get the meal together.
Thinking about food for tomorrow night.
Reading "Of Mice and Men" and want to get a little further into the story. I currently am feeling very resentful at the character whose name is George. I am under the impression that he treats Lenny in a very subordinate way, due to his intellectual disability. Hopefully the characters will evolve and not leave me feeling such disdain towards this one character.
Off the King of Prussia tomorrow for a training on supporting students with complex support needs to learn grade appropriate content. Kinda a shocking theory but I believe it can be accomplished and all based upon the idea of "presuming competence". So my plan is to help groups get through to be able to work standards-based instruction into their lessons for students with complex support needs. Good stuff and exciting. Makes me think of how to introduce UDL principles to others.
But I'm tired and its taking over.

No comments:
Post a Comment