Sunday, March 25, 2012

ASCD 2012

Having spent the last two days in Philadelphia at the ASCD conference, I have had a blast. I love the invigorating feeling of being surrounded by other educators who are interested in learning. I have gathered great ideas for creating literacy plans, integrating 21st century technology skills into teaching and my trainings, purposeful lesson creating, bridging the digital divide, PLC development. Listening to famous speakers and now wanting to read the book the checklist manifesto... I have had a wonderful time.
Eating at the Reading Terminal Market, and El Vez, have both been highlights and I love sleeping in a quiet room with the AC cranked up.
It is time for sleep and one more day to do some professional learning.

I am reading a book with beautiful language and a haunting story. I am not very far, but I cannot put it down. Little Bee is my current story. Amazing how I have only been gone since yesterday morning, but I so miss Regan. I can't wait to tell him about the sessions and to see him. It will be soon enough. He'll be there when I get home tomorrow about 4-5pm. I cannot wait to be in my own space.
What a wonderful experience! Giving me ideas of my new foci for professional development.

No comments:

Post a Comment