Summer is the time that I get caught up on sleep and have less anxiety. It's typically when I get to do my taxes and clean and sort and organize. It's when I can read for pleasure and it's when I nurture my soul. I don't feel that I have much time to do that when I am working all year.
Summer is for trying new recipes, watching movies, naps and barbecuing chicken for a late night dinner. I get to go the public library, I get to sleep on lazy afternoons in the hammock and I get time to sew and craft.
This summer is a little bit of heaven in my house because not only are all the tennis grand slam tournaments happening but also the Summer Olympic Games are being held in London, and London is a little bit of home for me as well.
Since I have my "Bucket List" for life I usually use the summer to choose a couple things and complete them, but this year, I created a shorter list of things that I want to accomplish this summer:
1. Ride a horse.
2. Canoeing.
4. Read 40 books.
5. Grow herbs inside.
6. Meditate daily.
7. Finish paying my undergrad loans.
8.Buy a house.
9. Spend a week without tv.
10. Visit Pittsburgh, and Fallingwaters.
11. Zip-linging.
12. Buy a new bed.
13. Bicycle around town.
14. Tell those I love how much I appreciate them.
15. Make my own pickles.
16. Do spring cleaning in the house.
17. Yard sale.
18. Spend a weekend in Atlantic City.
19. Make one item of clothing for myself.
20.Go hiking.
21.Go to the Aquarium.
22. Get a new passport.
The purpose of these items is that they are perfectly possible to complete within the summer.
We are also planning on having some visitors this summer. Regan's parents are coming for 4 days after their return from France for the Tour. And Erika and John are coming to visit during Musikfest. I think at some point I'd also like to take away trip into NYC to see some things and be in the city.
And so on that note I am going to go back outside and read a little more of my book in the sun and swinging on the hammock.
No comments:
Post a Comment