Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Brussel Sprouts, Good Friends and Healthy Living

Finally feeling a little better about being here in PA. Having good friends and people to spend time with  it essential to happiness. We all need down time. I am grateful to have been involved with Special Olympics in Northampton County, even when faced with some opposition. I love the women whom I have met though this organization and I love helping the athletes. Not often do you see that kind of joy on a child's face, as when they are participating in sports. And the group of girls that I get to spend time with through the organization are some of the coolest, sweetest, smartest most caring and fun women I have ever come in contact with. I am truly grateful for them! I just wish the same thing for Regan... Hopefully soon he'll find some people that he matches with as well.
Today, I went out for a sushi and drinks lunch with two fabulous women from work. I had an amazing time and tried new things. It is a good thing to eat something that you think you don't like and then find that you LOVE it! Thanks for getting me interested in trying the Brussels sprouts, Natalie! I came home and found one on goggle:

Wok-Seared Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients


500 g Brussels sprouts
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds 

Preparation

Trim the Brussels sprouts of their darker green outside leaves and cut the sprouts in half.

Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook them for 4–5 minutes.

Heat a wok over a high heat. Add the oil, ginger and cook briefly. Add the drained, hot Brussels sprouts and toss quickly to coat them with ginger and oil. Add soy sauce and cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring frequently to allow the liquid to evaporate. Add the sesame oil and sesame seeds, and serve.

**************************************************************************
DELISH!
Looking forward, I think I may want to go and paint some pottery at  Color Me Mine. Delish!
ANd I have also been walking every morning since summer vacation started and I feel much better. I am sleeping better and looking forward to tomorrow's walk. I only hope to keep this up.
And then a party for friends to celebrate their engagement. And Father's Day and then we go for a week to the beach! Life is good. really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment