Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

I don't know what it is about the 4th of July, but it puts me in a great mood just knowing it's here. What a great couple of days I have had. I babysat for a friend last night and it was great. What a little cutie, Jillian is! She was so well behaved and sweet. Then today I got up and Regan and I went for a stroll to downtown Bethlehem for a breakfast bagel. When we got back, I went out to lay on the hammock and listen to music, but that didn't last long for me. I wrote out a its of things we could do with Regan's parents when they visit in 2 weeks and then I got busy cleaning up the backyard. I organized and sorted. Then I went in the back door and started on the mud room. I threw things away and found all sorts of items that I am interested in using for crafts and to make nicer so that we can use them. It was dirty work, and I was sweating, but it was fun. And another room at Len's is cleaner. This is the best part of the whole day.
It was then that I decided that I wanted to get my bike out and get it in shape for a ride. I got the bike out of the basement and then blew up the tires and gave her a spin around the block. First time on a bike since I was 15! That is impressive.


I set up the bed in my mom's room and then ran to Artsquest for a sale on Musikfest tickets. We got 2 tickets for GooGoo Dolls and for Jane's Addiction. Should be fun. Also while there I bought a gift for Regan's nephew since it was on sale today with our Artsquest membership.
I negotiated a price for a newer car. A yellow SlugBug! It's going relatively inexpensively and I think it would be good for me to do it! So I am a Slug Bug girl now for real!


When I got home this afternoon, I started right away making ham and pineapple kebabs, wok seared asian brussel sprouts and salad. I also made myself a little vodka root beer float! Delish!
Ham and Pineapple Kebabs
I seriously love days like this!
And fireworks later on tonight! Today was created just for relaxing and having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment