Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Seeing the bigger picture

So, we are all here and hopefully doing the best we can. I am realizing that I think it is important to find peace within oneself and to be able to then dealk rationally with the regular stresses of life. I have felt divided and conquored lately and I would rather feel like things are rolling right along. I have been able recently to take a pottery throwing class and have thoroughly enjoyed it, and as it's coming to an end, I am using the metaphor of creating something out of a lump of clay, as a metaphor for my life and where I am in it. I have felt stressed and pulled in many directions lately, but need to rememeber that ultimately I have the authority over this "clay" my life to build what I will. There are things that are out of my control and that bother me about the way that others choose to do things and to react and I must allow those to happen.
Things I needed to be reminded of:
look at the big picture
remember that others will make mistakes
watch and listen before reacting
don't get dragged in to the way that others are reacting
stand up for what you believe in
know when to play the right card at the right time.

I need to really focus on watching the "poker game" of life and seeing my most valuable play at any given time... that is the advicce I have for myself at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment