
I wrote and I wrote and I wrote.
I decided to try to start blogging for the simple fact that I want to have an outlet to put my thoughts down regarding the books that I read, have read, and are hoping to read. I wanted to have a way to have an open honest and straightforward discussion about books and to get others opinions as well. But especially, I just wanted to be able to talk out loud. Even if no one will listen.
I am a general and special educator and have been teaching since 2000. I love teaching and I love children, as long as they belong to someone else. I feel extremely happy to be able to help a student or a friend to connect to a book and wish to share the feelings I have for books and reading with others. I take pride in being able to foster reading in others and have many students who have thanked me for helping them learn to love reading... I have instances in my mind of when this happened for many of my previous students. It is my goal in my profession to encourage people to want to learn, and in my opinion, what better way than reading.
As a child I wanted nothing more than to own a bookstore and loved to spend hours and hours in bookstores with my family. I could always convince my parents that I should get a book...
I am always amazed at people who state that they don't read, and feel that they truly haven't tapped into their "inner reader" and found the book that will grab their attention to the point that they won't want to put it down.
This has prompted me to begin this blog. I hope to update it as to thoughts I have about the books that I encounter. I hope you enjoy. And grow. And learn. And teach.
And so, Kirsten said, "Let there be light."
No comments:
Post a Comment